Short-Term Global Disciple-Making Trips (less than two months)
Parkwood's Short-Term Missions (STM) are trips less than 2 months in length and serve alongside Strategic Partners and Sent Workers. Not only do these trips help our partners, but they are sure to be life-changing for you as well. Our Father often uses these short-term trips to build one’s faith and instill a global understanding of lostness and need for the gospel.
- Follow Jesus. Mature as a follower of Christ. Show an understanding of the Gospel and the biblical command for the mission. (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Be committed. Participate as a member of Parkwood Baptist Church or a like-minded church, or regularly attend and be registered for Discover Parkwood. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Be adaptable. Willingly conform to the customs of the culture, even if those customs are more strict than your own. (1 Cor 9:1-23)
- Be prepared. Commit to devoting the time and energy to the all trip responsibilities including, but not limited to, pre-trip equipping and post-trip evaluations. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Be in agreement. Affirm Parkwood’s Beliefs, Mission Strategy, and team objectives. (Romans 15:5-6)
Short-Term Missions (STMs)
- May 24 - June 1, 2017: making disciples through teaching English with the M Team
- July 7-15, 2017: making disciples through teaching English with the K Team
- October 2-9, 2017: member care trip with the K Team
- November 18-27, 2017: member care trip with the M Team
- December 1-9, 2017: making disciples through teaching English with the K Team
- December 31 - January 7, 2018: member care trip hosting a retreat for CA students
- June 11-21, 2017: initial evangelism among an unreached unengaged people group
- August 1-10, 2017: initial evangelism as follow-up to June EA trip
- July 22-28, 2017: engaging middle school students in making disciples alongside Crossway Church
- April 30 - May 8, 2017: making disciples in unreached communities and equipping indigenous leaders in evangelism
- November 13-20, 2017: : making disciples in unreached communities and equipping indigenous leaders in evangelism
- July 31 - August 8, 2017: joining sent workers in their community business and hosting a cultural exchange
New York City
- June 19-24, 2017: urban evangelism and equipping in cross-cultural communication
- August 10-14, 2017: urban evangelism and equipping in cross-cultural communication
- May 9-17, 2017: making disciples in unreached villages and partnering with indigenous leaders in evangelism
- November 6-13, 2017: making disciples in unreached villages and partnering with indigenous leaders in evangelism
- June 10-17, 2017: soccer camp sports evangelism with Mark Creighton
- July 1-7, 2017: community engagement with Charles Scheffe through July 4 celebration
- September 26 - October 3, 2017: equipping event for discipleship leaders of Hope Church
- Choose a short-term trip.
- Submit an application by clicking here at least 4 months prior to the STM.
- Raise prayer and financial support. Send out support letters and/or make personal contributions. We require all funds 1 month prior to going.
- Attend all STM Equip meetings. Teams usually meet 4 times at 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, and 1 week before travel.
- Go. Serve the Lord alongside our partners.
- Attend post-trip evaluation. This debrief wraps up your experience and makes future trips more effective.