- Follow Jesus. Mature as a follower of Christ. Show an understanding of the Gospel and the biblical command for the mission (Matthew 28:16-20).
- Be committed. Participate as a member of Parkwood Baptist Church or a like-minded church, or regularly attend and be registered for Discover Parkwood (Hebrews 10:25).
- Be adaptable. Willingly conform to the customs of the culture, even if those customs are more strict than your own (1 Cor 9:1-23).
- Be prepared. Commit to devoting the time and energy to the all trip responsibilities including, but not limited to, pre-trip equipping and post-trip evaluations. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Be in agreement. Affirm Parkwood’s Beliefs, Mission Strategy, and team objectives (Romans 15:5-6).
- Choose a short-term trip.
- Submit an application at least 4 months prior to the STM.
- Pay a deposit of $100. Until a deposit is paid, a submitted application cannot be approved.
- Raise prayer and financial support. Send out support letters and/or make personal contributions. We require all funds 1 month prior to going.
- Attend all STM Equip Meetings. Teams usually meet 4 times at 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, and 1 week before travel.
- Go. Serve the Lord alongside our partners.
- Attend post-trip evaluation. This
debriefwraps up our experience and makes future trips more effective.