What is Short-Term Missions?
Parkwood's Short-Term Missions (STMs) are trips usually between 7-10 days in length and serve alongside Strategic Partners and Sent Workers. The purpose of short-term trips is to provide member care and support long-term field strategy. Not only do these STMs help and encourage our cross-cultural workers, they are sure to be life-changing for you as well. Our Father often uses these short-term trips to build one’s faith and instill a global understanding of lostness and need for the gospel.
- Follow Jesus. Mature as a follower of Christ. Show an understanding of the Gospel and the biblical command for the mission. (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Be committed. Participate as a member of Parkwood Baptist Church or a like-minded church, or regularly attend and be registered for Discover Parkwood. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Be adaptable. Willingly conform to the customs of the culture, even if those customs are stricter than your own. (1 Cor 9:1-23)
- Be prepared. Commit to devoting the time and energy to the all trip responsibilities including, but not limited to pre-trip training and post-trip evaluations. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Be in agreement. Affirm Parkwood’s Beliefs, Mission Strategy, and team objectives. (Romans 15:5-6)
- Consider the upcoming trips. Prayerfully view all trips posted at parkwoodonline.org/global and choose a destination.
- Submit an application. Application links are found at parkwoodonline.org/global, and all applications are due 4 months before departure.
- Raise support. Send out support letters and/or make personal contributions. We require all funds 1 month prior to going.
- Attend all training sessions. Teams usually meet 4 times at 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, and 1 week before travel.
- Go. Serve the Lord alongside our partners.
- Attend post-trip evaluation. This debrief wraps up your experience and makes future trips more effective.
For a full list of Parkwood's upcoming trips, click here or see the map below.