Parkwood was founded on the firm conviction of the Truth of Scripture. In short, we believe the Bible and all it contains. To be clear in this modern age, we have identified four core beliefs:
SALVATION IS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST ALONE BY FAITH ALONE.
- All are in need of Christ (Romans 3:23).
- Christ died to save us from our sin (Romans 5:10).
- Salvation is received by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Salvation is much more than a past moment (Philippians 1:6, 2:12-13).
- Salvation brings a purpose (Ephesians 2:10).
THE CHURCH IS THE FAMILY OF THE REDEEMED WITH A CLEAR PURPOSE.
- To proclaim His Glory (1 Peter 2:9).
- Prepare His own (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- Proclaim the Gospel (1 Corinthians 1:23).
THE FAMILY IS GOD’S CHOSEN INSTITUTION, AND IT MUST BE STRENGTHENED AND PROTECTED.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman for life (Ephesians 5:22-23).
- Children are a blessing of God (Psalm 127:3, 139:13-17).
- The family is the primary means of passing on the faith (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).
For a more complete explanation of what we believe, please read the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.